Friendship is one of the most precious things in the world and someone who has a true friend is lucky!
We learn the values of friendship from an early age. From our first contacts and friendships we learn the importance of living together, of sharing.
From playing together to serious life stages, the best thing is when you have someone , who accompanies you on your way.
Many great authors and poets have dealt with the theme of friendship and the question „What is the meaning of friendship?”< /i>and described this special connection between people in the most beautiful words.
That's why we have a large collection of wisdom and friendship quotes that still inspire today.
Find below you the most beautiful of them! Below are’s sayings about friendship that you can share with your friends and tell them how much they mean to you.
What is true friendship? Quotes that will give you an answer
A true friendship is based on love, trust, respect and devotion. Don't you agree? The following friendship quotes clarify the value of friendship and emphasize all its charms.
1. Friendship flows from many sources, the purest of which is respect. – Daniel Defo
2. A friend is someone who knows your heart's melody and will play it for you when you have forgotten it. – Albert Einstein
3. The friends you can call at four in the morning that count. – Marlene Dietrich
4. Friendship is when you don't have to say anything but are clearly understood. – Unknown
5. Friendship is the noblest feeling of which the human heart is capable. – Carl Hilty
6. A friend's real job is to stand by you when you're wrong. Everyone is on your side when you are right. – Mark Twain
7. True friendship is warm yet reserved. She does not encapsulate, but leaves the freedom to choose friends. – Mother Teresa
8. You won't get very far in friendship if you're not willing to forgive small mistakes. – Jean de La Bruyére
9. True friendship is not about being inseparable, it is about being able to be apart and nothing changes. – Unknown
10. True Friendsare the people who stay, even if you don't function as usual. – Unknown
11. The real core of friendship: one faith, one hope, one common work! There is great joy in it. – Annette von Droste-Hülshoff
12. Friendship is an art of distance, just as love is an art of closeness. – Sigmung Graff
13. A faithful friend is a strong protection, whoever finds him has found a treasure. – Louisa May Alcott
14. Friendship is the purest and highest form of love. It is a form of love with no strings attached or expectations, enjoying giving itself. – Osho
15. Friendship and love are two plants on one root. The latter only has a few more flowers. – Friedrich Gottlieb Klopstock
16. One true friend adds more to our happiness than a thousand enemies to our misery. – Marie von Ebner-Eschenbach
Keep scrolling if you want to know what it means to be a true friend!
17. Coming together is a beginning, keeping together is progress, working together is success. – Henry Ford
18. He is a good friend who speaks well of us behind our backs. – English proverb
19. Friendship is a plant that must withstand drought. – Joseph Joubert
20. The friend is one who knows everything about you and still loves you. – Elbert Hubbard
21. There are few sincere friends ‒ demand is also low. – Marie von Ebner-Eschenbach
22. Friends are those rare people who ask us how we are and then wait for our answer. – Ed Cunningham
23. The first law of friendship is that it must be nurtured. The second is: be lenient if the first is violated. – Voltaire
24. Friendship lasts longest when it's sealed with a mutual promise to always tell the truth to each other. – Ralph Waldo Emerson
25. True Friendship is a very slow growing plant. – George Washington
26. Friendship is not only a precious gift, but also an ongoing task. – Ernest Zacharias
27. Friendship is like love, it gets stronger with separation. – Hans Christian Andersen
28. In true friendship I give myself to my friend more than I draw him to me. – Michel de Montaigne
29. How is friendship possible? In mutual, self-sacrificing love for what is good and true. In any other case it is impossible, it remains, otherwise armed neutrality or a hollow trade agreement. – Thomas Carlyle
30. Friendship does not only require good will, but also talent, spiritual knowledge and experiences of a similar kind. – Unknown
31. Friendship with yourself is very important because without friendship you cannot befriend anyone in the world. – Eleanor Roosevelt
32. A true friend is one who comes to us when the rest of the world is turning away. -Walter Winchell
But unfortunately one should also keep in mind that friendship can also be one-sided.
friendship ‒ Quotes to think about
It is important in life to know what true friendship is so that we can avoid false friends. The wisdom and friendship sayings in this section will make you think and maybe teach you previously unknown facts about friendship.
1. Basically, it's the connections with people that give life its value. – Wilhelm von Humboldt
2. Maybe you have to have felt love to really recognize friendship. – Nicolas Chamfort
3. Anyone can sympathize with the suffering of a friend. But it takes a really noble character to be happy about a friend's successes. – Oscar Wilde
4. So it's not a friendship that when one doesn't want to hear the truth, the other is ready to lie. – Marcus Tullius Cicero
5. It sucks not realizing you don't have friends until you need friends. – Plutarch
6. Before you start loving your enemies, you should treat your friends better. – Mark Twain
7. Friendship: a ship, big; enough to carry two in good weather, but only one in bad weather. – Ambroce Bierce
8. Older acquaintances and friendships mainly have the advantage over new ones that one has already forgiven one another a lot. – Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
9. In the end we will not remember the words of our enemies, but the silences of our friends. – Martin Luther King
10. Don't walk behind me, maybe I'm not leading. Don't go in front of me, maybe I won't follow. Just walk beside me and be my friend. – Albert Camus
11. A life without friends is no life, however comfortable and secure it may be. When I say friends, I mean friends. Not just anyone, not everyone can be your friend. It has to be someone as close to you as your skin, someone who brings color, drama, meaning to your life. Anything beyond love that still includes love. – Henry Miller
12. As one moves away from the mountains, one sees them in their true form; it's the same with friends. – Hans Christian Andersen
13. Disinterested friendship exists only among people of the same income class. – Jean-Paul Getty
14. Friendship needs no words &nd; it is loneliness free from the fear of loneliness. – Dag Hammarskjöld
15. The mirror is my best friend because when I cry, it never laughs. – Charlie Chaplin
16. Friends are enough, but they are like the sundial, which serves as long as the golden sun shines. But as soon as the sun goes down, everything is over for her too. – Abraham a Sancta Clara
17. There are people whose one touch with us leaves forever the thorn in us to remain worthy of their respect and friendship. – Christian Morgenstern
18. It is not through enmity that enmity comes to an end; through friendship does enmity come to an end. – Friedrich Nietzsche
19. Of all the gifts that fate bestows on us, there is no greater good than friendship – no greater wealth, no greater joy. – Epicurus
20. We must learn to live together as brothers or perish as fools. – Martin Luther King
21. There are people whose one touch with us leaves forever the thorn in us to remain worthy of their respect and friendship. – Christian Morgenstern
22. Strange that people who suffer together have stronger relationships than people who are very content. – Bob Dylan
23. Because in friendship all thoughts, all desires, all expectations are born and shared without words, with joy that needs no applause. – Khalil Gibran
24. Be polite to all, but friendly to few; and let these few prove themselves before you put your trust in them. – George Washington
25. Happiness is the only thing that doubles when shared. – Albert Schweitzer
26. We feel the same way about books as we do about people. We make many acquaintances, but few do we choose to be friends. – Ludwig Feuerbach
27. Don't make friends with anyone you don't know how they treat their previous friends. – Isocrates
28. Friendship is one of the most necessary things in our life. In poverty and in adversity, friends are the only refuge. But friendship is not only necessary, it is also beautiful! – Aristotle
29. The best thing about a friendship is not the outstretched hand, the friendly smile or the human contact, but the uplifting feeling of having someone who believes in you and puts their trust in you. – Ralph Waldo Emerson
30. Words only connect where our wavelengths have long since matched. – Max Fresh
31. He who banishes friendship from life removes the sun from the world. – Marcus Tullius Cicero
32. Friendship can become love. love of friendship … No way. – Albert Camus
Do you know what happens when friendship becomes love?
Nice sayings about friendship
A saying about friendship brightens the day! That's why you'll find the best friendship quotes right away, which you can share with your best friends on social media or via WhatsApp.
1. Everyone likes to ride in the luxury limousine. But you need people to drive the bus with you when the limo breaks down. – Oprah Winfrey
2. Finding people who feel and feel with us is probably the greatest happiness on earth. Carl Spitteler
3. Friendship is a door between two people. Sometimes it can get stuck, it can creak, but it's never locked. – Baltasar Gracián y Morales
4. Flowers cannot bloom without the warmth of the sun. Humans cannot become human without the warmth of friendship. – Phil Bosmans
5. Friends should be judged by their deeds, not by their words. – Titus
6. Friendship endures in all things except love, service and courtship. – William Shakespeare
7. Friends are people who don't show you the way, but simply walk it with you. – Unknown
8. Our outer destinies interest people, inner ones only our friends. – Heinrich von Kleist
9. Only on the path of friendship can one really know a person. – Augustine of Hippo
10. Real friends show up when you're involved in a scandal. – Elizabeth Taylor
11. The pain is only trusted in a friend, happiness is shared with everyone. – Otto Ludwig
12. Old friends are like old wine, it only gets better, and the older you get, the more you learn to appreciate this infinite good. – Francis of Assisi
13. True love may be rare – true friendship is even rarer. – Albert Einstein
14. Two friends must be like each other at heart, otherwise they can be radically different. – Sully Prudhomme
15. There are people who come out of nowhere and fix everything. – Unknown
16. Sympathetic friendship brightens happiness and lightens unhappiness. – Marcus Tullius Cicero
17. At the highest level of friendship we do not reveal our faults to the friend, but his. – Françedil;ois de La Rochefoucauld
18. People come and go, but best friends last forever. – Unknown
Do you know the signs that you've found a friend for life?
19. Most people's love and friendship is a filling of their own emptiness with foreign content. – Friedrich Hebbel
20. A true frienddoesn't get in the way unless it's going downhill. – Marcus Tullius Cicero
21. If you don't dance with me in the rain, you'll never be with me in the storm, and if you're not with me in the storm, I don't need you in the sunshine. – Unknown
22. What could be sweeter than having a friend with whom you can discuss everything that is in your heart as you can with yourself? – Master Eckhart
23. Sympathetic friendship brightens happiness and lightens unhappiness. – Marcus Tullius Cicero
24. I've always believed that the greatest privilege, help, and comfort in a friendship is that there's no need to explain. – Katherine Mansfield
25. When love turns into friendship, it can't be very big; have been. – Katherine Hepburn
26. Friendship is when people go in different directions but are always by each other's side. – Unknown
27. The friendship built solely on gratitude is like a photograph: it fades over time. – Carmen Sylva
28. A friend is the one who sees your smile and still feels that your soul is crying. –
29. Friendship and love produce the happiness of human life as two lips produce the kiss that delights the soul. – Friedrich Hebbel
30. A little friendship is worth more to me than the admiration of the whole world. – Otto von Bismarck
31. There are some friendships that are made in heaven and made on earth. – Matthew Claudius
32. Hearing the voice of friendship in times of need is the most divine thing that can happen to the heart. – Charlotte von Lengefeld
33. Friends are like stars. You can't always see them, but you know they are always there for you. – Spanish Proverb
34. Friendship is when someone praises you for swimming well after you capsize while sailing. – Werner Schneyder
35. Friendship is when you don't tidy up anything extra before the other person comes to visit. – Unknown
36. Friendship is like a river; it flows around rocks, adapting to valleys and mountains, occasionally turning into a pond until the hollow in the ground is full and the river can continue on its way. – Paulo Coelho
Click here for more sayings by Paulo Coelho!
Sayings about friendship: short and sweet!
Below is a series of friendship quotes that best sums up friendship in just a few words!
1. Friendship is one soul in two bodies. – Aristotle
2. One recognizes a safe friend in uncertain matters. – Marcus Tullius Cicero
3. Criticize a friend secretly and praise them publicly. – Leonardo da Vinci
4. A friend is someone with whom you share your path. – African Wisdom
5. Only those who have true friends are rich. – Thomas Fuller
6. Friendship is far more tragic than love. It lasts longer. – Oscar Wilde
7. Sympathy, not pity, makes the friend. – Friedrich Nietzsche
8. Without friends we cannot live a perfect life. – Dante Alighieri
9. Change your pleasures, but never your friends. – Voltaire
10. Friendship: something like love with reason. – Sabine Sauer
11. A friend is someone who knows you need them right now. – Oscar Wilde
12. Friendship doubles our joy and halves our pain. – Marcus Tullius Cicero
13. Not all treasure is silver and gold. – Johnny Depp
14. There is nothing more on this earth than true friendship. – Thomas Aquinas
15. It's called friendship because you can do anything with friends. – Unknown
16. Self-interest is the cliff on which every friendship crashes. – Ludwig Tieck
17. There is no truer friend than a book. – Ernest Hemingway
18. No matter who you are, it's your friends that make your world. – William James
19. Friendship is a flower of the moment and the fruit of time. – August von Kotzebue
20. A friend is someone you can think out loud in front of. – Ralph Waldo Emerson
21. A true friend is a godsend. – Frederick II the Great
22. A friend is marked above all by not judging. – Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
23. The vast majority measure friendships by their usefulness. – Ovid
24. Generosity is the essence of friendship. – Oscar Wilde
25. Friendship is the marriage of souls. – Voltaire
26. Friends are the siblings that God never gave us. – Mengzi
27. Serve your friends without counting. – Gottfried Keller
28. There are friends in life and there are friends for life! – Unknown
29. Equality is the soul of friendship. – Aristotle
30. Friendship is like home. – Kurt Tucholsky
31. Friendship is magical, it makes good times even better and lets us forget the bad ones. – Maeve Binchy
32. The best mirror is the eye of a good friend. – Gaelic Proverb
Besides these beautiful sayings about friendship, there are also words of gratitude that we should say to our friends.
Sayings about friendship to say thank you
If you want to say thank you to your best friend, these sayings are perfect!
1. To the world you are someone, but to someone you are the world. – Erich Fried
2. For me you are like a star in the sky that shines more than all the others. – Unknown
3. For most people, only my mouth smiles. With you my heart smiles.
4. It's good to know that I've found a good friend in you. I love you more than anything. – Unknown
5. You know my vulnerable spots – and cover them with balm. – Unknown
6. You are my best friend because you see me even when I feel invisible and I want to thank you for that. – Unknown
7. Your friendship is infinitely valuable to me. You only meet someone like you once in a lifetime and I am lucky to call you my best friend. – Unknown
8. You are the friend who is always there for me, who always listens to me, who is most important to me, who understands me. I thank you for that! – Unknown
9. When life gives me a hundred reasons to cry, you make me have a thousand reasons to smile. – Unknown
10. When I add up the good things in my life, I always count you twice. – Unknown
11. Thank you for always having my back. It's good to have someone who has your back. – Unknown
12. And suddenly someone comes along and just throws a few buckets of paint into your life and makes your world colorful again. I love you bestie – Unknown
13. When I cry, you catch my tears.
When I laugh, you laugh with me.
When I have a problem, you try to solve it .
When I'm sad, you make me happy again.
When I'm in a bad mood, you cheer me up.
When we fight, we make up quickly.
This is true friendship! – Unknown
15. Some people don't realize how important it is that they exist. How good it is to see her. How comforting her laughter is. How beneficial their proximity is. How much poorer we would be without them and how rich the moments are with them. That person is you for me. – Unknown
16. Friends are like angels, helping us get back on our feet when our wings have forgotten how to fly. You are my angel. – Unknown
We have even more wonderful texts that can make your best friend cry!
Friendship is more valuable than any treasure in this world and that's why you should treasure your true friends. One should reflect on the value of friendship and love for them every day, and friendship quotes are perfect for that.
I hope you've found your favorite among them , who introduced you to the charms of friendship.