Friendships are an important part of our lives. Our friends are the family we choose for ourselves.
They are always there for us, they support us, they believe in us when we don't do it ourselves and sometimes they also help us by telling us that we are wrong or that something is not good for us. r us is.
Yes, at least true friends do.
Fake friends don't do any of that. Fake friends are happy when we're down and happier with life when we're down.
But there's another type of fake friend, and that's one-sided friends.
These are the friends who actually don’t wish you anything bad, but who also don’t try to keep the friendship alive.
I also have experiences with such friends and would like to share them with you .
In today's article, you will find out how to recognize one-sided friendships and what to do when you realize that you have such friends.
How do you recognize a one-sided friendship?
Even if a person makes a mistake once, it doesn't mean that he isn't a good friend, but if some of these things keep repeating themselves, you can be sure that your friendship is one-sided.
1. Monologue instead of dialogue
True friends should be there for each other and always have an open ear for each other. That's the least you can expect from them.
But you don't get that much from a one-sided friendship.
Such friends don't have time to listen to your issues, whether you're going through a difficult time or you want to share your joy with them.
Most of the time, they won't even let you say a sentence Telling about yourself, because their news and their problems are always more important.
Your only topic of conversation is their life, they are never willing to listen to you and give you advice admit. Do you have someone like that in your life?
2. This person cannot be trusted
Mutual trust should be a part of any friendship. With our friends we should be able to talk about all the important and deep issues and not just make small talk.
We should be able to tell them our fears and our secrets without having to think twice about telling anyone else.
Have you noticed that someone you thought was your friend told other people private things about your life?
Or does he tell you private things other people's lives and then you wonder if he will also tell them about your fears in confidence?
If you can't trust someone 100%, then that's probably not true friendship, just a one-sided friendship.
3. There is no equality
When my best friend at the time started a new relationship, she suddenly didn't have as much time for me as she used to.
Of course I was a bit disappointed, but I was happy also for my girlfriend, since I knew what it was like to be newly in love.
It wasn't the case the other way around. When I started a relationship after a while, she didn't understand it.
She started blaming myself because I couldn't see her every time she wanted.
When she wasn't on a date with her partner, she figured I should be available for her ;hung and didn't even ask if I might be on a date.
When it comes to friendship, you should get what you give.
Of course someone can go through a hard time and then a friend will try a little harder, but there should be equality.
4. This person has no respect for you
Another good friend I had, or at least one that I thought was my good friend, wü would often cancel at the last moment. Half an hour before we were supposed to meet.
When I was about to leave the house, she just texted me that she didn't really want to go.
She even said she wanted to tell me in time so I could invite someone else.
I tried to explain to her that it wasn't time at all, that I couldn't just because call someone at the last moment, but she wouldn’t understand.
Sometimes she would meet me and then after half an hour she would say she didn’t feel like it anymore and she wants to go back home.
Both of these patterns of behavior were repeated frequently.
Of course I don’t want to force my friends to do anything they don’t want to do, but I also expect some respect for me, mine Time and my wishes.
If someone doesn’t want to participate in something, they can say so and then you can ask someone else instead of letting your friend down.
5. Only you make the effort
Do you have people in your circle of friends that you only see or hear from because you're the first to message them?
It seems like they never WhatsApp you first to write? Or even worse – they only reach out when they need something from you, like a favor or if they want to borrow something?
It's also possible to get comfortable with people and have a good one Spending time with them without them being good friends.
For example, if every time you meet it's actually good and it ends with a We have to repeat that quickly, but no one else organizes anything and everyone is waiting for you to make plans.
Yes, some people are just better at organizing and planning, but when it comes to friendship, that shouldn't matter.
You don't always expect crazy ideas from them friends.
A single message like Well, let's do something is sometimes enough. It can't be that difficult.
6. You feel worse and worse after the meeting
Do you sometimes feel like you need to prepare before meeting a good friend?
That you have to think about what you can and can't talk about so he doesn't get the wrong idea? Do you feel exhausted and empty after such a meeting?
I also know some people like that. They can be said to be an energy vampire.
In a true friendship, you shouldn't have to worry too much about what to talk about with your friend and you should actually feel better after the meeting.
If not, you might want to consider whether your friendship is just a one-sided friendship.
Should I address a one-sided friendship ?
I've always believed that people should be given a second chance. You can never be 100% sure about what's going on in someone's life.
It could be that your friend is just going through some bad times and therefore might not be the best friend possible.
Maybe your boyfriend or girlfriend is not even aware of how he or she is acting and how this friendship makes you feel.
The best thing you can do for both of you is to start an open conversation.
Give your girlfriend or boyfriend one more opportunity to change their behavior.
When and how to end a one-sided friendship
It's probably time to end this friendship when you realize:
-that you are always the one who answers first
-that you only ever talk about your girlfriend's or boyfriend's life and not your own life
-that this person has no respect for you and yours has time
-that you cannot trust this person 100%
-that after meeting your girlfriend or your friend feels worse than before.
Especially if you've had a conversation about it before and nothing has changed.
You can check back with your friend and say that you don't feel like anything has changed since your last conversation and that you just want to get on with your own life .
But you don't necessarily have to report it. This can be the ultimate friendship test right now.
If he or she doesn't want to lose you, he or she will probably reach out to you and ask what's going on.
If not, then at least you know – You don't need friends like that in your life.
You can make much better use of the time you have now by taking care of yourself or meeting new people. Hopefully you will also find good new friends among them.
For the end, I have prepared some sayings for you that can help you to distinguish true friendships from one-sided friendships.
True Friendship vs. One Sided Friendship Sayings
1. I'm on a diet now, I don't do things that make me sad. people who are not good for me. Stuff that keeps me awake.
2. A loyal friend will laugh at your jokes, even if they're not so good, and will understand your problems, even if they're not so bad.
3. I've distanced myself from some people, not because I'm any better, but for one simple reason: I've seen how wrong they are.
4. Friends are very important but not always sincere. So see who your friends are, because they will stand by you in storm and wind.
5. You have to meet fake friends to know who the right and worthwhile ones are.
6. Friendship is something very precious. False friendships too, because you learn from them!
7. I am about to make some changes in my life. If you don't hear from me anymore, you were one of them.
8. If you lose a friend because you were honest, he wasn't a friend either.
9. Only if you talk to each other and tell the other what is on your mind can you avoid arguments and wrong thoughts.
10. True friends are like stars. You can't always see them, but you know they're always there.
11. Being the first to write to you is no problem for me as long as I feel the conversation is based on mutual interest. But if I notice that it's becoming one-sided, then nothing comes from me either, that's not false pride that forbids me to contact myself, I'm just not stupid.
12. If nurturing and cultivating a friendship becomes a one-sided thing, it is better to leave this friendship altogether.
13. It's not endless get-togethers that make a friendship, but the certainty that you can rely on each other – no matter when and how.
14. The best friendship is when you can stay silent all day and feel like you've had the best conversation of your life.
15. Fake friends are everything together: dangerous, embarrassing, hurtful, they mislead you. In a word: you can do without them!
16. Sometimes you just have to accept the truth and stop wasting your time with the wrong people.
17. Sometimes you have to meet the wrong friends before you find the real ones.
18. True friendship shows itself when one suddenly no longer needs the other.
19. They all expect you to always be there for them, but if you ever need help … yes, then you are alone.
20. Unfortunately, you can't tell when a friend is “wrong” or “right” belongs. You have to find out for yourself with a lot of sensitivity.
21. If you want to have friends, you have to be willing to do something for them, give them time, energy, attention and unconditional love.
22. The true friend is the one you have nothing to say to. At the same time it satisfies our wildness and our sociability.
23. It's better to surround yourself with reliable enemies than unreliable friends.
24. There comes a point when you should stop trying to keep in touch when you're the only person who cares.
25. Quality is better than quantity in friendship.
Want to tell your BFF how much she means to you? You can find the best best friend sayings here!
26. Friendship is similar to wealth – easier to create than to keep.
27. When people leave you, let them go. Your destiny is not tied to someone leaving you. It doesn't mean they were bad people. It just means that their role in your story has ended.
28. &ruum;Don't fret about people from your past … There's a good reason they're not in your future.
29. Sometimes other people show you how you never want to be.
30. Hard times also have their positive sides. Because they show us who our true friends are. And with them we can really enjoy the good times.
31. Disappointment is sometimes just the beginning of a ending friendship.
32. Fake friends are worse than the worst of enemies.
33. There comes a time in your life when you step out of all the drama and separate yourself from all the people who are causing chaos in your life. This is the beginning of your new future.
34. Be slow in choosing your friendships and much slower in deciding which friendships to drop.
35. The fake friend will suddenly be very busy when you need their help, while a true friend won't leave your side.
36. Get to know the people first, because they are changeable. Those who call themselves friends today will talk about you tomorrow.
37. A friendship is only a friendship if it is not one-sided…When one does the same for the other.
38. A true friendship is built on trust, honesty and reliability. It's give and take, never one-sided. Anyone who expects in a friendship to always be there for them and to take time for them and their problems should also be willing to do it themselves.
39. Friendship is a two-way street.
40. If someone disappoints you once, it's their fault, if they disappoint you twice, it's your fault.
41. Nobody is too busy to get in touch with you. It just depends on what role you play in his life.
42. True friendship is a slow-growing plant that must go through the traumas of adversity to become so-called.
43. I also think our friendship is one-sided because I always message you and never the other way around.
44. I only need people in my life who need me in theirs too.
45. Friendship is rare – HOW rare many do not know! Most people use the word ‘friendship’ far too thoughtless. It means ‘love’ & ‘Hate’ are incredibly strong words. I think the word friendship beats them all. Well, not exactly, because friendship IS love! Unconditionally, True! True friendship?! – Unnecessary waste of words. As soon as you label something as friendship, it should surely have proven to be true! False Friendship?! Yes? No! Think about it!
46. Be careful who you trust. Some people are so wrong you don't even get a chance to realize it.
47. Why should one hold on to a friendship that is only one-sided and the other is only concerned with his own advantages and only gets in touch when he needs something – such a friendship is not a friendship, but only exploiting!
48. I will stop texting you if you continue to ignore me.
49. Fake friends are a dime a dozen, little grains that shimmer and glitter. But true friends are like the sand by the sea, they too shimmer and glitter. To recognize the difference here lies in the trust and in the dare.
50. Sometimes you have to remove people from your life in order to be able to live again.