Many of us have found ourselves in this situation: you are on a first date, nervous and white; not exactly what kind of questions to ask.
The first date is so important, because that's when it decides what kind of impression you've made and whether it's made at all will come on a second date.
You don't want to ask the classic run-of-the-mill questions, you want to stand out and ask interesting questions!
Finding the right topics of conversation that go beyond conventional small talk is sometimes not that easy if you don't really know the person you are talking to.
That's why I'm here we have compiled a list of interesting questions for you to use if you run out of things to talk about.
With these questions you will definitely leave a lasting impression on your date!
To provide a better overview, I have divided over 200 questions into three categories: personal questions, funny questions and deep questions.
Depending on what you are feeling, you can choose a few questions to really get to know your date!
Whether it's personal, funny or deep, there's something for everyone and these questions can also help you flirt with your date so you can get closer and get to know each other better; nnt.
At the end of the questions I have five tips and tricks for you that you need to keep in mind so that your date is guaranteed to be unique!
So have fun while browsing!
1. What gift have you enjoyed the most in your life?
2. What bad habit would you like to get rid of?
3. What would surprise me about you?
4. What three words would you use to describe yourself?
5. Which smartphone or computer game have you invested the most time in?
6. What topic could you give a 30 minute presentation on without any preparation?
7. What are the 3 things that really drive you nuts?
8. Have you ever been skinny dipping?
9. How much time do you spend in front of the screen each day?
10. Which other language would you like to speak and why this one?
11. Do you have any unusual hobbies?
12. How good can you cook and what is your speciality?
13. Is there something you've been dreaming of for a long time but haven't dared to do yet?
14. What do you think of adoption?
15. What is the first thing you do when you get up?
16. What day of the week do you like most?
17. How difficult is it for you to give a speech in front of a lot of people?
18. Which website do you spend the most time online on?
19. What did you collect as a child? (Stickers/Diddl Sheets/Pokemon Cards)
20. Would you rather have more self-discipline or be more relaxed?
21. What would be your biggest nightmare job?
22. How do you vent your anger?
23. Who was the craziest person you met?
24. Which country would you most like to visit and why?
25. What's one thing you've tried and never want to do again?
26. What is your favorite thing to do on weekends?
27. What personal question would you like to ask me?
28. What are you addicted to?
29. Are you more of an early riser or a real grouch?
30. Do you prefer to spend money immediately or save it?
31. Did you ever steal something when you were a kid?
32. Have you ever had a completely different look?
33. Who do you think was the most influential person in your life?
34. What is the most exciting building you have ever been to?
35. If you could get rid of one annoying habit instantly, what would it be?
36. What was your favorite holiday experience?
37. What was the coldest situation you have ever experienced?
38. Do you usually show up early or late?
39. What is the earliest memory you have?
40. How often do you talk to your parents?
41. What is the first thing you notice about other people?
42. Which country is at the top of your travel bucket list?
43. What would you like to change about your body?
44. What rules do you have for yourself that you would never break?
45. What is the worst movie you have ever seen?
46. What is the best book you have read?
47. Have you ever had trouble with the police?
48. What's the most illegal thing you've done in your life?
49. Why did your last relationship end?
50. Do you prefer coffee or tea?
51. When was the last time you cried in front of another person?
52. Which 3 things are currently most important to you in life?
53. Have you ever tried drugs?
54. What do you like about other people?
55. Which of your qualities have you received the most compliments on?
56. What was the worst gift you've ever received?
57. Do you have bad habits?
58. What were the situations where you were completely wrong?
59. Can you imagine living abroad one day?
60. Where have you been furthest from home?
61. Do you have or have you ever had pets? Which pet would you most like to have?
62. What was the craziest thing you've ever experienced?
63. Which holiday of the year is your favorite? And why?
64. Can you imagine doing a parachute jump?
65. What's one thing that everyone seems excited about and you just can't understand why?
66. What was your most spontaneous action?
67. What is your absolute dream job?
68. Which of the teachers at your school influenced you the most and why?
69. Have you ever had a one night stand?
70. What do you think we have in common?
71. What is your absolute favorite series?
72. What is your favorite sport?
73. If you could take three historical figures to dinner, who would they be?
74. Did you have a good childhood?
75. Have you ever been in a long-distance relationship and do you think it can work?
76. Would you rather go partying in the club or Netflix at home on the couch?
77. What was the last series you watched for a whole day?
78. What dangerous animal would you like to have as a pet if it were the size of a cat?
79. Do you prefer to spend your money on material things or on experiences?
80. What are your weaknesses?
81. Are you more of a vanilla or chocolate type?
82. What do you think your life will be like in ten years?
83. Which compliment in your life have you received the most?
84. Would you consider yourself sexually minded?
85. What is the greatest true story you have heard?
86. Are you more of a morning or evening person?
87. What do you think the world will look like in 50 years?
88. What language would you like to be able to speak fluently?
89. Which person currently alive would you most like to meet?
90. What was the last thing that touched you emotionally?
91. Have you ever tried Tinder or something like online dating?
92. What does a perfect Christmas look like for you?
93. Do you have foreign roots?
94. What job would you do if money wasn't an issue?
95. If you could have a video of a situation of your choice in your life. What situation would that be?
96. Is there an experience that changed your life forever?
97. Who are your role models?
98. Do you prefer wild camping or a luxury hotel?
99. Which person from your life would you like to have contact with again?
100. How long was your longest relationship?
101. What confuses you most about the opposite sex?
102. What goals do you want to achieve in the next year?
103. Which of your birthdays do you remember the most? And why?
104. What kind of ice cream is your favorite?
105. Do you remember your first kiss?
106. You are banished to a deserted island and you can only take one item with you. Which one would that be?
107. Is there anything you still want to experience?
108. Who is your favorite musician?
109. Which places in this city do you particularly like?
110. What is your favorite song and what does it mean to you?
111. What are you most afraid of?
112. Do you plan to have children someday?
113. Are there situations where you feel shy and insecure?
114. What was the best concert/festival/event you've ever been to?
115. There has been a power outage for a week and your cell phone has no battery either. What would you do this week?
116. What would be the biggest mistake in the relationship that you could never forgive?
117. On a scale of 1 to 10, how jealous are you?
118. What was the most romantic experience you've ever had?
119. If you were to donate money, would it be for animals or for people?
120. What is the saddest movie scene for you?
121. What quickly bothers you about other people?
122. What was the most dangerous experience of your life?
1. Do you find it easier to love or hate someone?
2. When was the last time you noticed that your opinion on a topic had really changed?
3. Is your glass half empty or half full?
4. How do you know that you need to change something in your life?
5. What do you think is the key to being happy?
6. What do you personally find is the greatest advantage in a relationship?
7. Would you like to know when you die?
8. Would you break the law to save a family member?
9. Do you think it's important to learn something artistic?
10. Do you believe in fate?
11. Do you think that children born today will have a better or worse life than their parents?
12. If you could make a rule that everyone had to abide by, what rule would it be?
13. What do you think is the key to a good upbringing?
14. What task in life would you like to give up?
15. Which is more important: healthy or delicious?
16. What is the best thing about your job?
17. Do you believe in soul mates?
18. If you could change one thing about humanity, what would you choose?
19. Are you superstitious?
20. Would you rather know how you die or when you die?
21. Would you rather be extremely intelligent or extremely good with people?
22. Are you spiritually inclined?
23. What story from your youth will you tell your children and grandchildren the most?
24. What event in your life are you most grateful for?
25. Do you think life used to be better or is better now?
26. How old would you like to be forever?
27. How old do you want to be?
28. What is more important: theory or practice?
29. If you met an omniscient and he would agree to answer exactly one question for you. What question would you ask?
30. If you could give a young child one piece of advice for the rest of their life. Which one would that be?
31. Is there life after death?
32. Was there an event that changed your worldview?
33. If you could repeat a day in your life, what would it be and why?
34. How do you imagine the perfect life?
35. Is it okay to do something wrong if no one will ever find out?
36. What thoughts can sometimes keep you from sleeping?
37. What makes a good partnership?
38. If your life was a book, what title would it have?
39. What makes a genius?
40. What is one thing nobody teaches you that you should definitely learn in school?
41. Are you satisfied or dissatisfied more often?
42. Are you a heart person or a head person?
43. Would you rather be less attractive and very rich or extremely good looking but poor?
44. Do you think there is life in other galaxies?
45. Do you think there are people in the world who are just made for each other?
46. What drives you in life?
47. What would you like to change in the world?
48. Would you give up your best memory so you could erase your worst?
You can find many more deep questions here: 80+ deep questions to get to know your date better
1. What's the funniest joke you know?
2. What technical invention are you still hoping for?
3. Would you rather be half your size; or twice as heavy?
4. What was the craziest conversation you overheard as a bystander?
5. What is the funniest German word?
6. Would you be embarrassed if someone saw your photos on your phone?
7. If you had a personal flag, what would it look like?
8. How do you imagine living with yourself as a roommate?
9. If all animals could talk, which animal do you think would be the most annoying?
10. On a scale of 1 to 10, how happy are you today?
11. If you could know with absolute certainty that any conspiracy theory of your choice is true, which one would you choose?
12. If you could only eat one more food for the rest of your life, what would it be?
13. At what age did you still believe in Santa?
14. What was the biggest blunder you made?
15. What was the worst pick-up line you've ever experienced?
16. What were your most embarrassing fashion sins?
17. What are some qualities about you that other people would describe as crazy?
18. What's the funniest thing you've experienced while partying?
19. What can never be missing in your fridge?
20. What does Santa Claus actually do in summer?
21. What was the worst date you've ever had?
22. Which fantasy world would you most like to spend a day in?
23. What is the most embarrassing thing that has ever happened to you?
24. What do you prefer? A fine meal in a 5 star hotel or a kebab at a snack bar?
25. How would you celebrate your birthday if you were born on February 29th?
26. What's the funniest porn title you know?
27. What would you do if you had three wishes? Superpowers included!
28. Which lie do you use the most?
29. If your house was on fire and you could only save one item, what would it be?
30. What eating habits do you have that would put other people off?
31. Are there any movies or songs that you secretly love and are ashamed of?
32. If you had to change your name, which new name would you choose?
33. What was the biggest mess you made when you were young?
34. What is the opposite of a koala?
35. If you could choose what animal you would be in your next life, which one would you choose?
36. What was the funniest moment that happened to you this week?
37. Would you rather not be allowed to leave your house for a week or not be allowed to go home for a week?
I have more funny flirting sayings for you here: Flirt Sayings – 80 funny and charming sayings for her & Him
Asking interesting questions correctly: 5 tips & Tricks
Sometimes it can be quite difficult to ask the questions correctly, so I bring you 5 tips & Tricks on how best to do this.
If you take these to heart, nothing can go wrong 😉
1. Start slowly
On the first date it is very important to make a good impression. You don't want to seem boring, but you also don't want to be too pushy.
That's why it's so important to start slowly.
You shouldn't rush to the door right away fall into the house and ask intimate questions, but maybe start by asking a few fun and harmless questions to break the ice between you.
After all, you don't want to scare off your crush, you want that Arouse interest and have a good conversation.
Once the ice is broken, you can ask more personal questions that will allow you to really get to know your date.
2. Stay authentic
This piece of advice should be taken to heart: you should always remain authentic throughout the date and also when asking questions.
In particular, this means that you shouldn't ask any questions that are uncomfortable for you. So embarrassing questions are fine as long as you would answer them yourself. 😉
You should feel comfortable and ask those questions that you would like to answer yourself. Facial expressions and body language are also important.
In order for your question to be well received and interesting, your facial expressions and body language must also match.
It's not beneficial if, for example, you look dead serious when you ask a funny question or grin excessively when you ask a serious question.
You should ask your questions authentically, so that your date also notices that you are really interested in their answer.
3. Do not rattle off a catalog of questions
Very important! You shouldn't rattle off these questions like a catalog of questions, because that just seems artificial and forced.
On your date, a conversation should develop in which you get to know each other better through interesting questions.
That doesn’t mean you can’t talk casually about a topic without following a certain guide’.
Leave it alone come and enjoy the time together.
In case you run out of topics to talk about, you can save some of your favorite questions from here and then ask them to your date.
So you have something ready as plan B, but don't overwhelm your date with questions.
4. Also tell about yourself
During the date, you shouldn't bombard the other person with questions, but keep telling them about yourself.
After all, your date should feel like a rendezvous not like an interrogation.
You should both ask each other questions and tell each other about yourself so that you can get an insight into each other.< /p>
For example, if you ask a question and your date answers, you can still give your personal opinion and perspective on the topic of conversation.
So another dynamic develops, which turns into a balanced conversation ;ch can transform.
5. Responding to replies
This tip ties in directly with the previous one – once your date responds to your question, you should respond to the answer.
Your date will immediately feel more comfortable and respected if you respond to their answer and compare it to your thoughts.
This makes the conversation feel less like a list of questions that you just tick off when you get an answer and more like a lively discussion about anything.
That way you can also find out what you have in common and where you might have different opinions.
And that's kind of the point of a date, isn't it?